Why Talent Management?
From the company’s point of view the following questions may arise:
- How to gain a significant competitive edge in HR by finding or developing the best talents and then retaining them in the company?
- Which skills and know-how do our employees need for what kind of job profile?
- How exactly can we develop our talents within their competency profiles and beyond?
Questions frequently asked by employees may be:
- How can I get promoted to the next career level?
- What options are available for making a lateral career move?
- Do my company have a transparent career path?
- On the basis of what kind of criteria my performance is measured?
- Which feedback criteria are applied in the company?
Through a holistic and sustainable talent management system these qualitative key questions can be solved to everyone’s satisfaction.
How to implement a talent management system
You might think: OK, no problem. Let’s implement the software available in the market and – DONE! The technical part thus would be settled. And what about the social-communicative context?
- How far do employees accept the new system? Will they go along with it?
- Are executive managers now able to conduct qualified performance reviews?
- How can you provide for reliable alignment of the employees’ competencies with the competencies they need?
- How exactly do internal training and development for employees work through the implemented software?
„Humans first, machines second“
It is highly recommended to take your time for providing the “system” with the “right” information and to involve your managers and employees into this process. Share your ideas in time and you will achieve more acceptance, motivation and identification.
Talent Management Academy stand for emotional connectivity: If employees and executives are emotionally connected with themselves and their company, they can really make things happen and sustainably manage change!
How does this emotional connectivity come to corporate life? It starts from the top through the executives modeling corporate values.
In the following you can understand correlations represented in the figure of beliefs and values as a basis for corporate culture.
Values and Leadership Culture as Basis for a Talent Management System
Talent Management Academy Concept, Consulting and Realization
The core of our talent management system is made of the competency profiles based on Lominger competencies that have been successfully proven at an international and sector-independent level. Through these individual competency profiles that are predefined for any management activity and any hierarchical level the specific need is exactly determined in collaboration with the company.
Nature and quality of the competencies depend on the requirement of the related company.
We – Talent Management Academy – would like to introduce ourselves as experienced sparring partners, if you want to improve your fitness for future challenges do not hesitate to contact us!
Talent Management Academy would be pleased to make any expertise available, if it comes to taking first steps in the field of definition and identification of competencies.
In a second step you can identify and develop talents in your company on the basis of the created competency profiles.
Having successfully identified the specific competency profiles we then focus on the career path development in the company.
It is clearly shown to every employee or candidate for a job profile which career development options are available within the company. At the same time, it becomes evident which fields of activity exist in the company and how they are linked to each other.
Through a talent management system “made by TMA” comprising more than technical criteria only it becomes easy to retain motivated employees and develop them. In this way, the environment of a learning organization helps to enhance the value proposition of a company and organizational resilience.